Aran Delight Mittens
These cabled mittens are distinguished by an intricate Aran pattern that is both bold and delicate. A seed stitch border nicely frames the main cable that travels up the back of the hand. The small honeycomb pattern on the palm adds interest without being too bulky. These beautiful mittens will become a favourite for years to come. No seaming is necessary as the mittens are knit in the round from cuff to fingertip. The mittens are designed to be roomy enough to add a warm lining. While 100% wool is recommended for durable and warm mittens, a lining made of alpaca adds a touch of luxury.
- 1 hank (approx. 200 m) of 100% wool, worsted weight
- 2 balls (50 g, approx. 100 m) of alpaca, DK weight
- Set of 4 dp 4.0 mm needles (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Tapestry needle (for finishing)
- cable needle
- stitch holder (or extra piece of yarn)
20 sts/36 rows = 4” in stockinette st on 4.0 mm needles (using wool)
A PDF file of this pattern is available for $6.00 CAD, payable through Paypal.